There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
We provide an effective Puppy Pre-school program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour.
- Learn how to read your puppy's body language and respond appropriately.
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development.
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas.
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together.
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome.
Our puppy school is run at the clinic on Saturday mornings for 3 consecutive weeks by qualified dog trainer Emma Bartram. We also offer a junior school which is run on sunday mornings for older puppies and young dogs which involves going to parks, cafe's, walking the streets and even a trip to the beach (weather permitting)
So start today! Call us at Caulfield Veterinary Clinic on 9527 7740 to enroll your puppy in our local Puppy Pre-school classes.